[Lancaster] Re: the kitchen network.

Andy Baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Tue Jul 20 22:10:17 BST 2004

On Tuesday 20 July 2004 22:08, Ken Hough wrote:
> Martyn Welch wrote:

> Having (almost) cracked this, how should we develop our CD burning app?
> I've used Borland C++ Builder under MS Windows, but haven't yet got
> around to window programming under Linux. I intend to get into
> Kdevelop/QT soon.

why not do it using cgi, to give a web interface? most people are familiar
with this, it's easy enough to write, and perl is a good language for
scripting command line tools like cdrecord.

also, the interface could then be made available on other machines - you could
just copy an iso to the right directory on the shared fileserver, put a disk
in the burner machine, then open the web page, choose which iso to burn,
press a button and it would start cdrecord. The output could be shown by
making part of the page a subframe with a 5 second page refresh on it.

--
Please don't send me html mail or un-notified attachments. These will be
automatically filed under 'probable spam' unless I'm expecting an email which