[Lancaster] Another thought about CD burning

Andy Baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Thu Jul 22 00:32:40 BST 2004

why not just use xcdroast, run as a single fullscreen app like people are
saying? It has some root config options to  prevent users from doing various
things, like changing the image directory. So just set all these to
forbidden, and set up two default image directories; one with the preloaded
isos in, which is set to read-only, and one which is exported via nfs for
people to save their own isos to, which is set to read-write, but is
automatically deleted when files are older than a week or so.

Then if someone wants to burn a preloaded iso, they just go to the machine,
choose 'write tracks', and choose the iso to burn; if they want to burn
something they have downloaded, then they save it to the 'burn' directory
first, and then go to the burner machine.

--
Please don't send me html mail or un-notified attachments. These will be
automatically filed under 'probable spam' unless I'm expecting an email which