[Lancaster] Taking the lug forwards.

max max at tofubandits.org.uk
Wed Jun 2 14:20:08 BST 2004

On Wednesday 02 Jun 2004 2:08 pm, Martyn Welch wrote:
> Hi Max,
>
> You might want to concider reading this before approaching the library, I
> think that it is very relevant to the CD case.
ok - but what? :-)

> As for books, I find them hard to purchase for Linux. The guides to a
> specific versions of Linux are rather useless after months, the more
> indepth books on certain subjects, whilst more useful in the long run are
> near useless to complete newcomers and often a distros GUI configuration
> app won't parse hand edited config files, leading to lost settings.
yep - that's why i haven't done it yet. but everytime i look at the computer
section i ask myself what somebody (who hasn't got a fat internet connection)
would want to read if they wanted to know about linux. it would be lovely to
have that kind of book there. but what is that book?

i'm hoping llugers will have some suggestions - anybody?

of course you're right about the book being out of date so quickly. we could
get round that to an extent by ordering one book every year...

in the meantime if anyone has any suggestions for good linux paper books, i'd
be very happy to go and donate my 70p to lancs libraries.

,m