[Lancaster] Re: Books on Linux

Matthew Trout lancaster-lug at trout.me.uk
Thu Jun 3 12:19:38 BST 2004

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 07:45:37PM +0100, Tim Churchill wrote:
> I have two books I have found useful;
>
> Linux Complete, Pub by Sybex, cheap paper, 950 pages, £14.99
> ISBN 0-7821-4036-X
>
> Running Linux, Pub by O'Reilly, better paper, 650 pages, $44.95
> ISBN 0-596-00272-6

Let me add

UNIX Administration Handbook, Prentice Hall, good paper, 1200 pages, ukp38.15

which I find *extremely* useful (and have appalling trouble getting back when
I lend it to people) or possibly

Linux Administration Handbook, Prentice Hall, good paper, 850 pages, ukp27.99

which is more specific (although UAH's Linux info has been more than good
enough for my purposes) and has a less scary title :)

--
Bring me my etherkiller; Oh clouds unfold! / Bring me the magic smoke of desire
I shall not cease from mental fight / Nor shall my LART rest in my hand