[Lancaster] Info' re 'portmap'

Ken Hough kenhough at uklinux.net
Sat Sep 11 09:52:26 BST 2004

Martyn,

Thanks for response. Will look into this soon. Have still to discover
documentation on how portmap works. Max gave me a ref to the Mandrake
site, but haven't yet followed this up.

Meanwhile, I took the easy way out and did a system re-install. This was
straightforward as I now keep /home is on a separate partition. A simple
mod to fstab was then all that was needed to include my original /home
partition. I guess that a separate backup of /etc would be usefull.

BTW, I checked out the PII box that died on me. The PSU is duff! Have
returned the box to the Folly.

Ken Hough