[Lancaster] New member

Adam Stirland ratbert at f2s.com
Tue Aug 9 18:37:21 BST 2005

Hi all,

My name is Adam, I'm a IT Technician for a high school in Preston and
I'm a member of the Preston LUG, but I'm going to be moving to Lancaster
in January 2006 so I thought I'd sign up and introduce myself as the
Lancaster LUG will soon be my local LUG.

A quick question - Does anyone have a map of Lancaster that shows the
APs that are in the area?  I remember seeing some a while ago (on
lancasterwireless.org I think) but I can't find them anymore and the
lancasterwireless.org site is down.
I'm thinking of using a wireless map to decide were abouts in Lancaster
to move (yes, i know that's sad).

Also, I'm thinking of leaving my AP open (when I move to Lancaster) so
that I can share my bandwidth with anyone who cares to use it.  How
good/bad of an idea is this and what sort of problems (other than "1337
h4xx0r5 r0071n9 my b0x") could this cause?  Thoughts, ideas and opinions
welcome.

I look forward to meeting you all when I attend my first LLUG meeting
(sometime in Jan/Feb).

Adam.