[Lancaster] New member

Andy Baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Tue Aug 9 21:06:30 BST 2005

On Tuesday 09 Aug 2005 18:35, Adam Stirland wrote:

> Also, I'm thinking of leaving my AP open (when I move to Lancaster) so
> that I can share my bandwidth with anyone who cares to use it.  How
> good/bad of an idea is this and what sort of problems (other than "1337
> h4xx0r5 r0071n9 my b0x") could this cause?  Thoughts, ideas and opinions
> welcome.
>
> I look forward to meeting you all when I attend my first LLUG meeting
> (sometime in Jan/Feb).
>
> Adam.

have a look at:

http://www.linux-magazine.com/issue/51

there's an article on how to set up your wireless network with a VPN, which
should mean that any machines you are running are secure, but people can
still connect at the network layer if they want to.

--
Please don't send me html mail or un-notified attachments. These will be
automatically filed under 'probable spam' unless I'm expecting an email which