[Lancaster] Help Re Broadband Routers

mp mp at aktivix.org
Thu Feb 3 00:51:34 GMT 2005

hi,

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 22:48, Martyn Welch wrote:
> > if you care about software freedom, this one is based on GPL source
> > code: D-Link DSL-G604T
> > prices here:
> > http://computing.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/sbs/100238623/10679407.html
> > purchase here cheapest:
> > http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=3407626705&action=c2h
> >vd19wcm9kdWN0X3Jldmlld3M=&product_uid=64222 circa 75 squid - (wireless + 4
> > ports)
> >

> From what I can see, this seems like a very capable little box. I can also
> vouch for ebuyer, I use them quite a bit.

We actually run Netgear DG834G here at the moment, but it belongs to the
house, and since we have to move i scouted out that D-Link DSL-604T. The
DG834G has become *much more* (from 20-50 hours connection to more than
a hundred, etc.) stable since we updated the firmware - note that this
includes a fix for stable linux+dhcp.

Also commendable: http://www.adslnation.com/products/xf-1e.php

According to support at Eclipse.net.uk filters "wear out" and they range
from a few pounds in price and quality at ebuyers to more than a tenner
in high street. XF-1e is allegedly the best uk filter! :-)

Eclipse sell 2 mb/s broadband for £15 (with a limit, but nevertheless)

Yes, ebuyer is safe, so far .....

-mp