[Lancaster] diversity radio streaming (re-sent)

andy andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Thu Feb 3 20:56:52 GMT 2005

I've been working the last few months with Bob from the osiris cafe in
morecambe to set up a linux machine to do the web streaming for diversity
radio. We've started testing it this week, and so far it's running well. If
anyone can spare the time, it would be good to have some help with the
following things:

- It would help me if someone could look over the code we've written and give
some constructive criticism of the way we've done it before we take the
system live. It's working OK the way it is, but it's the first time I've
built something for a project like this, so it would be good to have some
feedback from other people.

- It would be good if there were a few more people who know how we've set
things up well enough to be able to give support if one of us isn't around or
can't make it into the studio.

- There are some bits of coding I want to do at some point to tidy up the way
it's working - mainly some changes I want to make to alsaplayer and the ices
streaming client we're using. I probably won't get round to these for a while
because I'm moving house soon, so if anyone wants to take these on it would
be a help.

thanks, andy.