[Lancaster] Setting up ftp server

Ken Hough kenhough at uklinux.net
Fri Jan 28 15:28:49 GMT 2005

david wrote:
> I am trying to set up ftp local host and i don't know the right command to
> use, I was trying to use chown ftp it displayis that too few argument.
> At this time i am confused because i have to set it up today because there is
> somethin that i need to do today. I am using debian as my operating system.

I have an ftp server that I can run from a SuSE Linux box and have used
it to do remote installations of Linux, but I am not familiar enough
with Debian to advise via internet about your system.

Under SuSE, the ftp appication (I use pure-ftp) can be loaded and
configured via YAST.  The default ftp directory is under /srv/ftp. A
script to start/stop/restart can then be found under /etc/init.d. Note
that this must be done as root.

Anyone else out there who can help?

Ken Hough