[Lancaster] re: audio workshop

Ken Hough kenhough at uklinux.net
Sat Jun 4 18:16:05 BST 2005

Andy Baxter wrote:
> I went down on wednesday and set up the sound system and installed some audio
> programs on the good machine down there. The other ones don't have sound
> cards as far as i could see (which wasn't very far because I couldn't get the
> light to turn on in the back room.) If anyone has a sound card they don't
> want, could you bring it to the meeting and we can install it?

I have a spare ISA Creative (Sound Blaster 16) card complete with
intruction manuals, that I could donate. It does work, but compared with
modern cards has a moderately high background noise level. Certainly OK
for demo work.

As far as I recall, 'alsaconf' (or is it 'alsaconfig'?) found the card
and set it up correctly.

I'll try to remember to bring a torch!