[Lancaster] Website Wiki

Andy Baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Tue Jun 21 16:35:14 BST 2005

On Monday 20 Jun 2005 23:37, Darren Poulson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Well, I put a wiki system live on the Lug website a month or so ago, after
> Andy gave me the initial idea. I started off with the only PHPNuke wiki
> module that I could find and have been doing a bit of tinkering with it to
> improve it to a usable point.
>
> I think I've got there! ;)
>
> I've just put the finishing touches to a history option on the wiki so that
> you can see previous versions of documents, as well as the ability to
> revert back to old versions if necessary. I'm going to see if I can make
> the editing of pages a bit easier so that you don't need to use html to get
> a half decent page.

I like the classic wiki style, where you have things like:

===big header===
==header==

* bullet point
* another point

/italic/
*bold*

etc. the main difference is that carriage returns are interpreted as <br>, so
you can write in paragraphs without adding tags.

> What I really need is for people to have a mess around and make sure it
> works. Once I deem it stable enough I'm going to release it on the Nuke web
> site (under GPL of course) for others to use (or laugh at!).

I've found a  bug - if you click on 'history' on the index page, it opens an
edit window. I think the index shouldn't have history or edit links. (Unless
the history is a shortened history of all changes to the site)

andy

--
Please don't send me html mail or un-notified attachments. These will be
automatically filed under 'probable spam' unless I'm expecting an email which