[Lancaster] Winmodems in IBM Thinkpads

Ken Hough kenhough at uklinux.net
Sat Sep 24 15:37:09 BST 2005

I have a problem with an IBM Thinkpad T21 which I have just obtained for
my son. It contains a 3Com ethernet/winmodem device and so far I have
not been able to discover a Linux driver for the 3Com winmodem. The
ethernet part is working OK.

I've established that the winmodem does work by setting it up under MS
Windows 98 + extra drivers.

This is a bit of a letdown as I already have a T21 (ie outwardly the
same model as above), but this one contains an Intel ethernet/winmodem
device. The modem part is a Lucent winmodem for which there is a driver
and it works OK.

Any suggestions?