[Lancaster] Winmodems in IBM Thinkpads

Martyn Welch welchm at comp.lancs.ac.uk
Sat Sep 24 16:37:50 BST 2005

Can you send me the output from dmesg and lspci?

Also any information that windows provides (make, model etc.) would be useful.

Some winmodems have Linux drivers, though they are few.

www.linuxant.com provide proprietary drivers Conexant HCF and HSF chipsets, I
have used these for my parents - the price was reasonable for the fully
fledged driver, though I believe they do a slow free version - useful to see
whether it works...

Martyn