[Lancaster] US Robotics Sieral Modem Model 5668B

Ken Hough kenhough at uklinux.net
Sat Apr 22 15:54:16 BST 2006

David Jenkinson wrote:
> HAB Boy wrote:
>
>> Will this modem (US Robotics Sieral Modem Model 5668B) work with Linux?
>

> What is more important than model name in determining support under
> Linux is the interface and chipset. By the Serial (sp?) in the name
> above, yes it will work. I believe its mainly pci/usb ones that
> don't/didn't, but I don't buy crap hardware so never had a problem.

Yes! If it's a bog standard serial modem (ie Hayes compatible), it will
work. Internal chips then not of concern.

I've just had a look at the US Robotics web site below:

<http://www.usr-emea.com/support/s-prod-template.asp?loc=unkg&prod=5668b>

The rear view of this modem shows a 25 pin DIN connector, so it's
definately a serial modem. Shouldn't be any problems.