[Lancaster] Server offer

John Scott john at raystorm.co.uk
Tue Aug 1 16:14:55 BST 2006

Hi All

I have a sexy server that I would like to sell or trade for a laptop
(preferably trade). Here is the spec. I am looking for somewhere in the
region of £400 for it.

4U case lockable-front fitted with extra fans ans brand new power supply.
Intel Xeon 2.4 dual core processor (Reports as 2 processors in Linux ans
Windows)
Asus PC-DL Deluxe Socket 604 dual processor motherboard. Optic Fibre
port, Gigabit Lan, 10/100 Lan, Firewire. SATA, Raid and IDE, onboard sound.
2GB RAM.
3 Hard Drives - 2 x 60GB, 1 x 80GB
52X CDRW/DVD combo drive
CD ROM drive.
ATI Rage 3d pro video card.
17" packard Bell Monitor with Speakers.
56K Modem.

Box of spares bits (Processor fans, assorted processors cables etc)

Comes with DVD version of whichever distro you want (provided I have it
amongst my many disks) I can guarantee the latest Suse, Fedora, Debian
Sarge and Ubuntu - but I do have a pile of dvd's of other distro's too.
Currently has Windows 2003 server web edition dual boot with Suse 10.1.
You are welcome to the Windows CD too.

The machine is dead stable - and ran as my mail / web server for a long
time before I turned it into my desktop pc.

This is quite urgent, so please let me know asap.

Regards

John Scott