[Lancaster] Re Pub Meeting Last evening -- 20_06_06

Ken Hough kenhough at uklinux.net
Wed Jun 21 09:07:42 BST 2006

It was good to have a natter in the pub last night, and to see/meet a
couple of new faces.

I have to admit to a measure of incompetence when I fired up SuSE v10.1
and KStars. In fact there was nothing wrong with KStars. I just got some
of the settings wrong. I've just now fired it up again and all is well.
I rate KStars as a very competant planetarium app. It's ability to
connect with and control telescopes and other hardware sets it apart
from some other apps. Also, it's ability to draw information from the
Internet is very good. I prefer KStars to Stellarium, Xephem, Stellarium
and Celestia. Not too much eye candy, just basic functionality.

As you probably realised -- I like SuSE v10.1 a lot.

Sorry that I left a bit early, but I needed to get back to my dog who
has a poorly (previously broken) elbow.

WRT expected down time for LUG server. Message noted. Thanks, Andy.