[Lancaster] PHP/MySQL training

Phil Chandler phil.chandler at folly.co.uk
Fri May 5 10:36:22 BST 2006

Thanks Richard, and all who have responded.  Our primary interest is getting someone up to speed on PHP, so the MySQL part is mainly in relation to that since we are using MySQL for dynamic sites.  Until recently I was working for a charity in the West Midlands so I know Open Advantage well.  Unfortunately I believe their training is only open to organisations in that region.  I just wish there was a similar organisation for this region.  I've also been looking at the other courses you've listed.  The main obstacle here is cost with prices ranging from £800 upwards for one/two day courses.  Faced with these I guess we'll be looking to take a DIY approach instead.  Although we all know that most learning happens on the job, book/website in hand, I often find that people progress faster with even a small amount of structured learning away from the office to get them started.

As for the catalyst framework, thanks for that Matt.  It looks interesting for future use, however right now the work in hand is PHP based.

Regards

Phil