[Lancaster] Fwd: [lugmaster] FW: NCC voluntary sector survey

max* max at tofubandits.org.uk
Fri May 5 12:02:48 BST 2006

Yes, I've tried to fill in their forms, but it's in Acrobat Reader v7 format!
that doesn't work with the usual ghostscript based viewers, and if you were
thinking of downloading acrobat reader 7 to do it then consider how that
lovely piece of software phones home with information about what you're
viewing whenever you open a document in it! (yes, you can turn it off by
editing the config file, you can block stuff going to a particular url with
yoru firewall etc etc, but we shouldn't have to!)

the joys of proprietry software!

i've emailed the organisation to ask them to do another format, or an open pdf
standard (particularly seeing as they're asking about FOSS!), but no reply
yet :-(

perhaps others may wish to drop them a line on OSHub at ncc.co.uk ?

max