[Lancaster] Technical question

Ken Walton ken.walton at carandol.net
Sun Sep 3 17:37:46 BST 2006

Hi John,

That sounded quite easy until I looked at /etc/fstab, then I was
confused again. It looks like this; what do I have to add to make hda1
mount?

# Pluggable devices are handled by uDev, they are not in fstab
/dev/hda3 / ext3 defaults,noatime 1 1
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
none /proc/bus/usb usbfs devmode=0666 0 0
none /dev/pts devpts mode=0622 0 0
none /sys sysfs defaults 0 0
# Dynamic entries below, identified by 'users' option
/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 ext3 noauto,users,exec 0 0
/dev/hda5 swap swap sw,pri=1 0 0
/dev/cdrom /media/cdrom iso9660,udf noauto,users,exec,ro 0 0
/dev/fd0 /media/floppy vfat,ext2 noauto,users,exec,rw 0 0

--
Ken Walton