[Lancaster] help please

Martyn Welch martyn at welchs.me.uk
Thu Aug 30 20:16:32 BST 2007

On Monday 27 August 2007 09:33:34 J.Pemberton wrote:
> My name is Jim Pemberton, and I run a small company (3 man band) that
> provides IT services to schools. A friend (PLUG member Andrew King) wrote
> me a PHP program a few years ago that allows customers and support staff to
> log technical faults, and for us to report and monitor solutions on a
> simple web-based interface. I haven't used it for a while but I know there
> are bugs that need to be sorted, and it needs to be hosted on my domain.
>
> Andrew does not have the time at the moment to fix it, and I do not have
> the skills, therefore I would be interested to hear from any LLUG member
> who can help me with this. Obviously I am willing to pay a reasonable sum.
>
> All the original source code is available from Andrew (or it may me more
> appropriate to start from scratch??)

Hi Jim,

I'm afraid I can't help, very busy myself, though I was wondering whether you
had contacted "schoolforge-uk" (http://www.schoolforge.org.uk)?

I don't know how much of an overlap there is, but I guess they would have a
good idea about the kind of report systems they would like to use and might
have links to a large number of young talented potential candidates to do
some work for you. Other than that they might also know of usable open source
projects if you are concidering using something else...

Martyn

--

Martyn Welch (martyn at welchs.me.uk)

PGP Key : http://www.welchs.me.uk/martyn/pgpkey/