[Lancaster] distro for audio / music stuff

andy baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 22:03:46 UTC 2008

Can anyone recommend a good distro for doing simple music recording /
editing / etc? I use ubuntu for everything else, but I've just spent a
fair bit of money on a new external firewire sound card with 2 inputs
and outputs, and then found various annoying bugs in the programs I'm
using (jackd, ardour, and zynaddsubfx so far), which is making me think
that the ubuntu people don't really have audio work as their main
priority when keeping packages up to date. I could use 'planet CCRMA'
(http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/), but this is fedora
based I would rather use something debian based.

andy