[Lancaster] Next LancsLUG Meetup

Ken Hough kenhough at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 21 12:48:23 UTC 2008

andy baxter wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Thanks David for the reminder.
>
>I was thinking about doing a demo of basic sound recording and editing
>using linux at some point (having just bought myself a decent external
>sound card), but this isn't really mobile enough to take to the pub. So
>I was thinking either people could come round to my place first for an
>hour or so on the 3rd, or else we could have another meeting the
>fortnight after, just for this? Another possibility is to do it at the
>Basement under single step, which has a bit more room, and also I think
>an LCD projector. Is anyone interested in this, and what do people think
>about times / venues?
>
>andy

Hi Andy!

Seems like a good idea. I'm no expert wrt sound processing, but have
done a bit of recording and transfering of old vinyls to CD, and would
be interested in a demo by someone who has some good idea of what they
are about.  ;-)

Your offer of a demo at the Basement is a blast from the past and would
allow more scope wrt space and facilities.

Ken Hough