[Lancaster] Lancaster Meeting -- was: [Fwd: RE: [Preston] meeting]

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Sat Jul 12 17:21:07 BST 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-12 at 16:13 +0100, trotter wrote:
> There seems to be a few people who used to travel to lancaster for the LUG.
> I joined this mailing list in the hope that the group was active enough to get
> a lift from bolton. It seems not though as there doesn't seem to be a
> LUG around
> here. Check Linux format every so often just to see if one turns up.

Hello Martin,

A quick check through the membership reminders sent to me each month
by mailman.lug.org.uk shows inactive LUGs nearby in: Accrington;
Blackburn; Ormskirk; and Wigan & St Helens.

In Manchester there's the LUG; then there's the Manchester Free
Software group; and finally GeekUp. All pretty active. I'd imagine
if you posted a suggested Bolton meeting to the lists of the above
three, then you may generate enough interest :-)

hth,

 - Richard