[Lancaster] Lancaster Meeting -- was: [Fwd: RE: [Preston] meeting]

trotter m.nuttall at ukonline.co.uk
Sat Jul 12 16:24:44 BST 2008

At 22:46 11/07/2008, you wrote:
>Martyn Welch wrote:
> >Hi Richard,
> >
> >I don't think there has been a meeting in Lancaster since I left almost 2
> >years ago :-S
> >
> >We used to have 5-6 turn up on a good night, few more on a very good night!
> >
> >It would be nice to see some traffic on the mailing list to suggest
> >Lancaster's LUG is active once again (hint, hint, nudge, nudge).
> >
> >I'd suggest just propose/announce something and see what happens.
> >
> >Anyone interested in reviving the LUG (it seems a bit like the living dead
> >at the moment) get in contact if you can't get access to the admins and
> >I'll see what I can do.
> >
> >Martyn
> >

>Hi Martyn!,
>
>Good to hear from you down in the deep south.
>
>It seems that we seriously miss your local input to the Lancaster LUG.
>
>It's all too easy to get buried in our own little ruts. I used to find
>the LUG meetings interesting and often came away with useful info that I
>hadn't even known existed. Amazing what a natter over a pint can do!
>
>There's probably not much that I can do in terms of organising things.
>We're a bit backward up here in South Cumbria, but I would be interested
>in supporting LUG meetings. ie in turning up.

There seems to be a few people who used to travel to lancaster for the LUG.
I joined this mailing list in the hope that the group was active enough to get
a lift from bolton. It seems not though as there doesn't seem to be a
LUG around
here. Check Linux format every so often just to see if one turns up.

Martin N