[Lancaster] idea for regular computer evening at the Basement

Ken Hough kenhough at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 21 16:22:34 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 21 October 2008 00:47, Wayne Ward wrote:
> On Monday 20 October 2008 23:13:26 Ken Hough wrote:
> > On Monday 20 October 2008 20:04, Wayne Ward wrote:

<snip>

> > Presently, I'm still playing with this machine. The motherboard doesn't
> > include a parallel port, so I've had to add a PCI/parallel card. I'm
> > still using an Athlon box as my main PC.
>
> the card should be ok does its set itself up with the same settings as a
> standard parallel port?

The card sets itself up, but with an address of 0xec00, more or less as
expected for a PCI card. Conventionally, motherboard based parallel ports are
at something like 0x378 or 0x3BC. No need to worry. Normal software functions
used to retrieve the port location will read this correctly. I know this,
because I've been testing some software that has to do this.

Regards

Ken