[Lancaster] PC virtualisation

Martyn Welch martyn at welchs.me.uk
Tue Oct 28 07:43:10 UTC 2008

Wayne Ward wrote:
> Yes sounds good
> Virtual box is just handy really
> Have you looked at vmware they used to do a free version
> I used to use it for running games as it has accelerated video drivers so you
> can run direct x games inside a virtual machine.
> But now I have most of them running with cedega or wine so I just use the
> virtual boxes for support.
> Did you find it all easy to setup ken?.
>
> Wayne

Yeah - they still do a free version, however they keep the ability to
easily create new VMs for their paid for version. There are ways o
creating VMs without paying for it, however it's a bit of a hassle.
Although vmware do provide links to pre-built images (I think they call
them virtual appliances).

Martyn