[Lancaster] Multi-card reader

Ken Walton ken.walton at carandol.net
Tue Oct 28 15:25:02 UTC 2008

<decloaking>

Hi folks,

I've just bought a Belkin Hi-Speed USB 2.0 8-in-1 Media Reader and Writer
(model no. F5U248). I (possibly naively) assumed it would just work in Linux
-- after all, all it has to do is channel the info to and from a memory card
(CF, SD, etc) -- but it seems that it needs a driver. It comes with Windows
& Mac drivers of course, but not Linux, and I can't find any drivers on the
internet. Anyone know if it's possible to get this device working in Linux,
or if not, whether there's a similar device that does the same job and *is*
Linux compatible?

I'm using Linux Mint 5, BTW, which is mostly Ubuntu Hardy Heron.

--
Ken Walton (not the *real* Ken, obviously!)