[Lancaster] Lancaster LUG Webpage

Martyn Welch martyn at welchs.me.uk
Sat Sep 27 15:19:53 UTC 2008

Dave Smith wrote:
> Martyn,
>
> Thanks for the Internet Archive link - I'd completely forgotten how
> useful that would have been for finding the old content on there - are
> you alright for us to re-use some of your earlier posts on that site
> for the new one?
No prob. I'd be grateful if you would attribute me where appropriate,
but I'd be more than happy to see the stuff re-worked/re-used.
> Also, do you happen to have a copy of the logo lying around anywhere?

I do, I also have an animated banner, micro button and logos as used on
the T-shirts. Oh, and a poster I used a few years ago :-)

Do you want be to mail them to you?

> At present, we've got a sort of demo page that Wayne's hosting for us
> at lancasterlug.org.uk - if anyone's got any thoughts / wishlists /
> desires from that then feel free to give one of us a shout to see
> about implementing it. I can only speak for myself, but with the news
> that the old server would be resurrected in the not too distant
> future, I was waiting to get access to that before pushing ahead too
> far with a complete re-write.

Lol, we dumped that domain name in favor to using the hosting at
lug.org.uk about 4 years ago! I wouldn't worry too much about the old
older server, it's not going to be brought back online in it's old
state. I'd suggest implementing a page at lug.org.uk on the "S&M" (that
would be static and managed...) server. At the very least getting a
redirect/ basic information up at lancaster.lug.org.uk

> Back when myself and Wayne we're talking about this at the last LUG
> Meetup I sketched out a whole bunch of ideas, some of which are now a
> bit unnecessary but, again, if anyone is interested in them, or wants
> to throw forward ideas or things they'd like to see then please do. I
> sort of let off the steam on the new site a little with other issues
> the last few weeks, but I'm happy to put some time into it.
>
> Can't think of anything else really worthwhile to add at the minute,
> but thanks again for the link Martyn!

No prob.