[Lancaster] meeting, rtf to html & demos.

andy baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Fri Apr 3 16:58:36 UTC 2009

Ken Hough wrote:
> Hi Guys!
>
> I've not really been following this thread so I might be well off the mark.
>
> If you are looking for something to handle and check html, I can
> recommend 'Quanta+'. It includes an html syntax checker which seems to be
> quite ruthless in discovering syntax errors.
>
> I use Quanta+ to build all of my html stuff. It can render/display html code
> as it will be seen via a browser, although not if this includes things like
> PHP.
Hi ken,

The problem I'm trying to solve is that although Open Office has an
(x)html export function, the html it writes is structured in a way that
makes it hard to embed the document into a larger web page. I.e. it's ok
if you just want to put a single document on a website with a link to
it, but not so good if you want that document to be part of a bigger
page including things like a site banner, navigation menus, standard
fonts and colours etc.

I'm thinking at the moment that I'm going to have a go at writing a
script in python to parse an odt (open document text) file, which is
just compressed xml, and turn this into the sort of html that I want.

andy