[Lancaster] Review: Toshiba NB100

Ken Walton ken.walton at carandol.net
Mon Apr 20 10:24:05 UTC 2009

2009/4/20 Wayne Ward <wayne at lancastercomputers.co.uk>

> Sounds like a nice bit of kit ken
> Also like the idea of ubuntu being installed
> The acer and the asus comes with linux lite - which is pretty naff and
> pain having to reinstall a brand new netbook!

The only thing I had trouble with was installing OpenOffice.org 3.0 (Netbook
Remix comes with 2.4). I discovered the hard way that the official Sun
version of OOO3 isn't compatible with Atom processors for some reason. But
after a bit of frustrated googling, I discovered there's an Ubuntu community
repository that has a compatible package, so it worked out in the end.
--
Ken Walton