[Lancaster] Linux Mint Menu Problem

andy baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Sun Aug 9 07:12:50 UTC 2009

Definitely odd behaviour - I would have thought the elif would be
somewhere in there. You could try grepping your whole filesystem for the
same 'elif :' string - the error may be in a config file which is loaded
from somewhere else. This would take a while though, so maybe leave it
running overnight. I would use the following command:

grep -r 'elif :' /* | tee ~/Desktop/grep-results.txt

This would log the results to a file called grep-results.txt.

Alternatively, you could be a bit more selective, and look through the
list of files installed by mintmenu to see if there are any files or
directories in there that look as if they may be worth searching. You
can get the file list by using:

dpkg -l '<mintmenu>'

Where <mintmenu> is the proper package name for mint menu.

andy