[Lancaster] XMAS Bash

Joost Noppen joost.noppen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 16:55:34 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Just a quick question on the thunderbird add-ons for google. As opposed to Zindus I use GContactSync (http://gcontactsync.mozdev.org/) to synchronise my contacts with google. It is not perfect, but it works quite well for my purposes. The two-way sync is a bit shaky so I tend to edit my contacts online or on my phone and just pull in the changes in my thunderbird address book every now and again.

Does Zindus do a better job at this? I must admit that I am quite pleased with my current setup so I have no real incling to change it. But if Zindus beats the stuffing out of gcontactsync I will definitely consider it :).

Cheers,
Joost

Wayne Ward wrote:
> Hey guys great show out last night - Nice to meet the new members for
> the new year.
> Cheers for the guys who travelled form far to get to the meeting.
> Ive setup my new lug email address if anyone else wants one please say
> ill set you one up and send across details.
>
> Later today im going to add a blog for the meeting minutes to the site
> and events page.
> Any other suggestions please go ahead and mention them!
>
> Ill link it up to a twitter account and what was the other open source
> twitter like site we talked about??....
>
> As discussed ill send out the projects we have lined up for the new
> year so we can see if anybody wants to run the demos or add to the
> demos.
>
> The thunderbird addons we discussed to sync with google are -
> lightning - zindus - and provider for google calendar
> paul if you get stuck with setting these up just ask i can talk you
> through it if required.
>

> Wayne Ward
>
> www.lancasterlug.org.uk
> wayne at lancasterlug.org.uk