[Lancaster] I am a PC

Ken Hough kenhough at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 23 10:16:50 UTC 2009

On Sunday 22 February 2009 21:38:45 Rik Boland wrote:
> Hi boys
>
> My min been triggered by reading this month Linux Format (bought on
> recommendation of group).
>
> There an article that read about the I am a PC advert advertised by
> Microsoft, who am I to say that they can't advertise but does this
> commercial kinda smack you in the head to be ethically wrong as it suggest
> PC = Microsoft.

So what's new? Microsoft have been doing this for years.

If there were vast funds that could be used to advertise the advantages of
Linux, I'm sure the community could come up with more believable and useful
themes. But there aren't, so we can't.

It seems to me that Microsoft's recent advertising of Vista, etc has been
doing the job for us. :-)

> If so who do we write to (advertisement standers) to complain of misguided
> information?

You could, but personally, I wouldn't loose too much sleep over it.

Ken hough