[Lancaster] laptop and smoothie update

Wayne Ward wayne at lancastercomputers.co.uk
Mon Nov 23 17:44:49 UTC 2009

Just to let you know the small problem we had with PJ's laptop with the mic
problem
He fixed it! upgraded to the new version of ubuntu! so we still dont know
what it was but
He got a linux solution in the end!
But thats not the end of the story...
After getting it all working the laptop sadly died :( R.I.P

Also the smoothwall is working a treat I blogged about the difference
between ipcop and smoothwall @
www.wayneward.co.uk

I just talked to the client and they are very happy and want me to build
another box with the same config incase the hardware ever fails they have a
backup smoothie :)
I just think smoothie is lacking a ftp proxy like ipcop has frox which
enables you to setup ftp proxies.
The one problem i have stumbled across is exter ftp on custom ports - I
have found a work around but have had to added the machines that want to
connect to the external custom port ftp to a list that gives them more
privileges which isnt ideal but made the whole thing work. This is the log
so far on the forums

http://community.smoothwall.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=33332&p=265214#p265214

--
Regards,
Wayne ward

07957448652
Lancaster Computers

www.lancastercomputers.co.uk
wayne at lancastercomputers.co.uk

Computers - Laptops - Servers - Web Services