[Lancaster] Lancaster Library

Richard Robinson llug_6a at beulah.qualmograph.org.uk
Wed Nov 25 17:16:36 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 03:33:36PM +0000, andy baxter wrote:

> I might also be able to do something on linux based programming / web
> design.

You said you'd been doing some stuff with Drupal ? I wonder if that might be
a worthwhile subject ?

I've been doing some stuff with it, too - not really using very much of its
facilities, just some php modules calling into an external data-source via
xmlrp :- which seems paradoxical, a content management system whose content
is managed elsewhere; but it's incredibly useful just for taking care of all
the display stuff, which I hate doing.

And, I've seen enough to realise that there's a huge range of modules
available, which I've hardly begun to explore but those I've seen are pretty
wonderful, you can do a huge amount just with simple pointyclick setup.

And then there's theming ...

It could be useful for people with a range of different approaches &
interests, is what I mean.

--
Richard Robinson