[Lancaster] Training

Wayne Ward wayne at lancastercomputers.co.uk
Wed Nov 25 17:58:36 UTC 2009

Cheers jonath / andy sounds good
It'll be a bit more clear when I find out how long I can run the workshops
over
Hopefully get like 4/6 week couple of hour sessions
So can start from the beginning explaining linux and the file system and
its use and history
right through the install to the desktop probably gnome and show them it
can use alternative desktops
then some basic software installs and alternative packages.
Some basic system administration - terminal - add users etc..
Thats enough for one session - that a easy introduction basically what you
would do on the RHCE

Other sessions can be built from that like the next session would be like a
RHCT were you administer the system - install services such as ftp - mail
server - web server - DNS and get a bit more under the hood.

I was told that there was laptops available and im not sure about internet
connections although using something like ubuntu the training should be
able to take place without a internet connection - ive never had it on any
training ive done so far it can take people of the real focus ;)

The sound training could be actually run as a workshop andy! after the
introduction - we can offer a music workshop no problem - I would be
interested in putting a workshop together for this !!!

Ill make the contact - make the meetings - get the information - put a
proposal for the workshops together and mail out the schedule see who would
be interested in running the 1st one with me :)

--
Regards,
Wayne ward

07957448652
Lancaster Computers

www.lancastercomputers.co.uk
wayne at lancastercomputers.co.uk

Computers - Laptops - Servers - Web Services