[Lancaster] Training

andy baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Wed Nov 25 18:17:15 UTC 2009

Hi wayne,

Thanks for putting the time in to organise this, but I'm just wondering
if copying the RHCE is the right way to do it - that's meant more for
people who have been using linux a while and want to develop their
skills to the level where they can use them professionally. I reckon it
would be better to start with something for linux newbies - e.g.

- start by talking about what linux and free software are and why linux
is better than windows for a lot of things.
- then show people a running linux system, with a few standard apps
installed (the gimp, open office, firefox, thunderbird etc.), and show
quickly what each does and how to use it.
- then maybe give people a chance to play a bit with the applications if
there are enough machines to do that.

Starting from here seems more likely to attract a decent number of
people. Then we could do something more RHCE-like later on for the
people who are really interested.

What do you think?

andy