[Lancaster] Few things

Ken Hough kenhough at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 30 17:33:05 UTC 2009

Hi Wayne!

All being well, I hope to get to the 'Brit' on Wednesday. Provided that the
weather isn't a problem and my squeaky back holds out, I should be there.

As I mentioned previously, I've been playing with Debian Lenny. Have now got
64 bit version up and running to play CDs and DVDs, and to run my digital TV
card. All working just fine with no wobblies when playing CDs which I
experienced with the 32 bit version of Lenny.

For anyone who is interested, my TV card is a Hauppauge WinTV Nova TD500. Info
about installing under Ubuntu can be found at:

<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_WinTV_Nova-T_500_PCI>

The article states that this card didn't work under Ubuntu 8.04 (kernel
2.6.24), but did under Ubuntu 8.10 (kernel 2.6.27).

I can confirm that it works under 64 bit Debian Lenny (kernel 2.6.26).

Look out for the version number 'gocha' with the firmware module.

I've just managed to install 'CodeBlocks'. This is a cracking windows
programming IDE and works well with the wxWidgets C++ library.

Regards

Ken Hough