[Lancaster] more memebers

andy baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Tue Oct 13 18:36:14 UTC 2009

Wayne Ward wrote:
> as part of my campaign for more members ive been submitting on
> facebook for a while i know some members have dislikes against
> facebook but about 30% of my business is generated through it!! anyway
> the point is the group i set up was ages ago and is called
>

>       Lancaster & Morecambe Linux And Macintosh Group
>

> as i was trying to get members from morecambe and lancaster and mac
> users as its nit linux but different from windows!! plus a lot of
> people have macs usually mess with linux aswell !!!

I have no problem with people from morecambe coming; I do have some
problems with it being a mac group as well.

The thing that is important to me about linux isn't just that it's not
windows, or that it's good for geeking around on - it's the free
software thing. I would say if it's going to include macs then why not
make it lancaster and morecambe geek club and say anyone can come who
likes messing about with computers. That might be ok, but then if that's
what it's going to be we should talk about it properly I reckon, not
just have a yes / no vote.

> has anyone any problems with me pushing the macintosh and morecambe
> etc...  a straight yes or no is better not a massive debate!!! lol :)
>
> also our stats are up we are getting massive hits from stumbleupon
great! :)

> any more member profiles and pictues come on guys!!!....  calling dave
> calling dave!!!....

Not sure what my group role is, but for the rest of it:

Member since ~2002
Skills: Linux admin and support, Web design using drupal, Making music
on Linux, Basic network admin.
Hobbies: Geeking about with Linux, Making music, walking and cycling,
cooking.

regards,

andy