[Lancaster] more memebers

Wayne Ward wayne at lancastercomputers.co.uk
Tue Oct 13 20:15:35 UTC 2009

Yes its hard for me because i am a mac user but i use linux aswell
thats what im trying to say a lot of mac users are linux users aswell!!
like gareth like dave ... probably a few more mac users in the group
that use linux aswell
so if you tout the macs aswell you will get the linux uers aswell if
you know what i mean!!!!!!!!

have a vote

asimple yes or a simple no please

wayne
On 13 Oct 2009, at 19:35, andy baxter wrote:

> Wayne Ward wrote:
>> as part of my campaign for more members ive been submitting on
>> facebook for a while i know some members have dislikes against
>> facebook but about 30% of my business is generated through it!!
>> anyway
>> the point is the group i set up was ages ago and is called
>>

>>      Lancaster & Morecambe Linux And Macintosh Group
>>

>> as i was trying to get members from morecambe and lancaster and mac
>> users as its nit linux but different from windows!! plus a lot of
>> people have macs usually mess with linux aswell !!!
>>
> I have no problem with people from morecambe coming; I do have some
> problems with it being a mac group as well.
>
> The thing that is important to me about linux isn't just that it's not
> windows, or that it's good for geeking around on - it's the free
> software thing. I would say if it's going to include macs then why not
> make it lancaster and morecambe geek club and say anyone can come who
> likes messing about with computers. That might be ok, but then if
> that's
> what it's going to be we should talk about it properly I reckon, not
> just have a yes / no vote.
>
>> has anyone any problems with me pushing the macintosh and morecambe
>> etc...  a straight yes or no is better not a massive debate!!! lol :)
>>
>> also our stats are up we are getting massive hits from stumbleupon
> great! :)
>>
>> any more member profiles and pictues come on guys!!!....  calling
>> dave
>> calling dave!!!....
>
> Not sure what my group role is, but for the rest of it:

> Member since ~2002
> Skills: Linux admin and support, Web design using drupal, Making music
> on Linux, Basic network admin.
> Hobbies: Geeking about with Linux, Making music, walking and cycling,
> cooking.
>
> regards,
>
> andy

Regards,
Wayne ward

07957448652
Lancaster Computers

www.lancastercomputers.co.uk
wayne at lancastercomputers.co.uk

Computers - Laptops - Servers - Web Services