[Lancaster] [Reminder] First GeekUp Lancaster THU 25 March 2010 with TALK (Version Control), Tomorrow

Gustavo Carreno guscarreno at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 24 08:43:21 UTC 2010

Hey there,

Just a friendly reminder about:

We have a new installment of GeekUp Lancaster.
This time it's not a preliminary one, but the real thing.

I also wanted to make this start worth while to all of us and arranged
for one of our GeekUp fellows to do a talk about Version Control.

Jeb Wilkins will be presenting: Introduction to Version Control
"This talk will be an introduction to using version control to manage
projects and collaborate with others. It will cover using common tools
and the differences between centralized and distributed systems with
examples in Subversion and Git. It will show how to work with and
contribute to open source projects using Git and Github."

It will take place at the Gregson's Community Centre Movie Venue on
the upper floor at around 8pm on THU 25th March, that's tomorrow.

I will be asking for a donation of £1 to all the participating members
to help me pay for the room. Nothing mandatory.

The room is already reserved and waiting for our arrival :)

You can follow us here: http://upcoming.org/event/5624045
You can also track us on: http://geekup.org

Cheers,
Gus