[Lincs] LLUG Distro

MD barodato at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 11:08:16 BST 2005

On 9/22/05, Dave Rice <dave at ricey.co.uk> wrote:

> ok guys and girls,
>
> the first step is done...a choice of base distro (i think!) and the
> initial boot screen.
>
> i am leaning towards gnoppix as the base...it has a nice construction.
> based on Ubuntu 5.10 and gnome 2.12
> It is also easy to install kde, but on my test run the iso came to 839mb
> - a tad too big! and that was after slimming down
> some of the bigger programs!
>
> anyway, i'll keep at it, a screenshot of the bootloader is here:
>
> http://www.ricey.co.uk/images/lincslug1.png
>
> comments and feedback please....

The bootloader is OK, although perhaps a little dull in colour. I'm no
designer, but shouldn't we try something a little more lively, to make it
look more exciting?

Do you have a list of the programs/packages/whatever on that 839MB iso?
Perhaps we could help you slim it down a bit.
--
Thanks,
-Matt Dancer <barodato at gmail dot com>