[Lincs] LLUG Distro

iain Baker iain.dbaker at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 11:30:59 BST 2005

how much themeing are we thinking? i can start on some level of
background, and i will even give a KDE menu side bar a bit of a
whirl... if we can slim KDE down enough!  i can try a few other bits
as well but i don't know how far we want to go...  like what
multimedia player are we using, does that want a skin... do we want an
entire window decoration theme or just colour changes...

On 9/23/05, MD <barodato at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/22/05, Dave Rice <dave at ricey.co.uk> wrote:
> > ok guys and girls,
> >
> > the first step is done...a choice of base distro (i think!) and the
> > initial boot screen.
> >
> > i am leaning towards gnoppix as the base...it has a nice construction.
> > based on Ubuntu 5.10 and gnome 2.12
> > It is also easy to install kde, but on my test run the iso came to 839mb
> > - a tad too big!  and that was after slimming down
> > some of the bigger programs!
> >
> > anyway, i'll keep at it, a screenshot of the bootloader is here:
> >
> > http://www.ricey.co.uk/images/lincslug1.png
> >
> > comments and feedback please....
>
> The bootloader is OK, although perhaps a little dull in colour. I'm no
> designer, but shouldn't we try something a little more lively, to make it
> look more exciting?

i agree, i little more colour may be nice - but we dont wanna go too
loud or busy!  maybe after i have created a background i may have some
idea where to go with it...

we'll figure something