[Lincs] LLUG Distro

iain Baker iain.dbaker at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 14:36:35 BST 2005

On 9/24/05, Dave Rice <dave at ricey.co.uk> wrote:
> Right, here's the state of play....

<snip>

> To that end we need to make 2 immediate choices:
>
> 1. What to use as a base...which is connected to:
> 2. KDE or Gnome

I have found minor problems creating a Gnome theme- mainly due to
trying to use a live distro i think... so purely from that point of
view i prefer the idea of using KDE, but having said that if anyone
else has the power to create a fully personalised theme on Gnome...
please go ahead (and add it to the angelfire site)

<snip>

> So..... and the stage after - themeing.
>
> We don't need to go overboard, but a nice boot image, splash screen, and
> desktop background are the minimum. 'borrow' a nice icon theme perhaps
> and a complementary colour scheme.

I have made an attempt at a KDE Theming at www.angelfire.com/linux/llug

i have tried to mention this before but for some reason i am not
seeing my own post, so it looks as though its not getting through (if
it is i appologise for repeating myself)

if anyone wants to add to the files on the angelfire site feel free...
the username is linux/llug and the password is lincolnshire