[Lincs] Distro

iain Baker iain.dbaker at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 14:29:27 BST 2007

Ok... im going to break with tradition here, and instead of
recommending my favourite Distro as the base, i'm going to recommend
the on that means less work graphically.

Since we are all putting forward our dream distro base's my suggestion
is Debian, for no reason other than we use a yellow debian swirl on
the llug logo.

as for target audiences, i would say the live cd element is aimed at
inexperienced Linuxers that we are advertising the O/S to, so it
should be a powerful and easy to use distro but not too windows
like... we want the user to know they are using an innovative
operating system not just a windows/os X clone (dont forget most users
cant tell the difference between a window manager and an O/S).

The install base is a more complex audience... i'd like to think the
live cd users would like the cd and want to make it a permanent
fixture... but i'd also like to think we're creating something we are
proud of and that we would use ourselves!

Ultimately however this Distro is an advertising tool... for the LUG
and for Linux.

That's what i think any way...