[Lincs] Lincs LUG: relaunch?

Dave Rice dave at ricey.co.uk
Thu Aug 18 00:22:20 UTC 2011

Becky, Hi,

a whole new LUG? You may be right that the whole LUG needs a 'reboot' if you
will.

But, please, and I mean this in the nicest way, do anything the correct way.
This will avoid putting any existing members' 'noses' out of joint.
Just pushing ahead with great enthusiasm is wholly admirable, but just
'taking over' without consulting others is not the way to go about bringing
your, undoubtedly great, ideas to fruition.

As we know FOSS is all about community and it's that community that is the
most important thing.

Any previous administration of Lincs LUG may have been a little on the quiet
side, but then this is a unique LUG because of it's size and the members'
real world jobs/lives etc.

As for the web side of things, thanks for registering the names on our
behalf but as for the VPS, the LUG already has access to a VPS. Given for
free for our use. Do we need another?

Again, I'm more than happy to re-vitalise/reboot this great group of people,
but please make sure you don't step on any toes ;-)

Many thanks,

Dave