[Lincs] Lincs LUG: relaunch?

Rebecca Newborough bobobex at bobobex.org
Fri Aug 19 15:30:47 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 4:06 PM, Thomas Morton
<morton.thomas at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Unfortunately because of the geographical size of the lug and peoples
>> commitments it has been incredibly difficult to organise a meet that keeps
>> more than 10% happy (me and mark tried - me and dave tried). Its frustrating
>> because while quiet, the lug has lots of proactive energetic members that
>> want to see it succeed, that get all enthused every time a rebirth is
>> mooted... Unfortunately that enthusiasm wains when results aren't instant or
>> close enough...
>
> We've been having this problem (albeit on a UK wide scale) in organising a
> MediaWiki UK Hackathon. One solution proposed there was to have a few small
> events around the country in a relatively short space of time - on the basis
> that people in the vicinity of each other could co-ordinate a good time to
> meet more easily, and anyone from farther afield that could turn up was
> welcome to do so!
> So that might be a solution - have a couple of meets so people feel there is
> progress - then cajole that into more action :)
> (Hi everyone, by the way :))
> Tom

Hi Tom

Thanks for your input.  I am a great cajoler; a forceful woman in her
own right who doesn't back down from a challenge :D

I will post details of the first meet via the mailing list - if you
are in the vicinity, you would be welcome along to tell us more about
the MediaWiki UK Hackathon.

Becky