[Lincs] Lincoln LUG: launch of new LUG

Chris Hayes cbhworld at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 15:12:27 UTC 2011

It does strike me as an odd move, sure a Lincoln city LUG would (going
by what little I've heard) be able to pull off a regular meet, whereas
the Lincs LUG would (again, heard) fail to meet as the discussion
concerning where to meet would saturate and stagnate without any
conclusion. But, leaving Lincs LUG without Lincoln certainly sounds a
wee bit damaging.

I don't know whether I missed something, but it sounds like this was
never put out to debate. That's kinda a problem, as this is a fairly
major change. At the same time I can appreciate that Rebecca is just
trying to provide the sort of LUG experience Lincs LUG's lack of
direction has n't managed to pull off.

Sure, regional meets are the ambition here, if you're all mostly happy
to do it by forking the LUG, just be sure to have serious
communication between the two. I'm gonna refrain from going all out
with a yay/nay opinion though, as it's not my LUG. I'm in friggin
Portsmouth :p

Perhaps a little show of hands could straighten things out...?

Kind regards,
Chris

On 8/25/11, Philip Newborough <corenominal at corenominal.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 12:42 PM, chris at majicsoft.co.uk
> <chris at majicsoft.co.uk> wrote:
>> I am saddened to hear a new member come along with good intentions of
>> re-invigorating the LUG, then turn about face and setup a localized lug,
>> something that's been discussed in the past, and universally agreed that
>> it
>> would do more harm than god to the lug at large.
>>

> Please quantify this statement. Can you point in the direction of any
> logs and or mailing list discussions where this was "universally
> agreed". Personally, I cannot remember ever agreeing to this.
>
>  -- Philip

Sent from my mobile device