[Lincs] New member introduction

Russell russell.boyce at ntlworld.com
Mon Sep 8 14:58:02 UTC 2014

Hi Mo.

Just to let you know that I received your email no problem. I live in
Scunthorpe and run a dual boot system on Windows 7 Professional and
Ubuntu 14.04. I also run a couple of other machines on Ubuntu 13.10.

I must confess that although a big fan of open source software I am not
a great fan of 14.04 it has been a major headache to set up cleanly and
has lost the graphic drivers on more than one occasion. Compared to
earlier renditions I feel it has been rushed in its development and
shows it.

I trust that I may hear from you again sometime.

Yours
Russell